1. Ramirez-Andreotta MD, Brody JG, Lothrop N, Loh M, Beamer PI, Brown P. 2016. Improving Environmental Health Literacy and Justice through Environmental Exposure Results Communication. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 8;13(7):690-717. PMID: 27399755.
2. Soleri D, Long JW, Ramirez-Andreotta MD, Eitemiller R, Pandya R. 2016. Finding Pathways to More Equitable and Productive Public-Scientist Partnerships. Citizen Science: Theory and Practice, 1(1):9, 1–11, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5334/cstp.46.
3. Ramirez-Andreotta MD, Brody J, Lothrop N, Loh M, Beamer P, Brown, P. 2016. Reporting Back Environmental Exposure Data and Free-Choice Learning. Environmental Health; (15)2, PMID: 26748908. *Recognized by the Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health.
4. Hawes M, McLain J, Ramirez-Andreotta MD, Curlango-Rivera G, Flores-Lara Y, Brigham L. 2016. Extracellular Trapping of Soil Contaminants By Root Border Cells: New Insights into Plant Defense. Agronomy (6)5, DOI:10.3390/agronomy6010005.
5. Zarota OA, Brody JG, Brown P, Ramirez-Andreotta MD, Perovich L, Matz J. 2016. Balancing Benefits and Risks of Immortal Data: Participants’ Views of Open Consent in the Personal Genome Project. Hastings Center Report 46: 1-16, DOI: 10.1002/hast.523 * Featured on EurekAlert! operated by American Association for the Advancement of Science.
6. Ramirez-Andreotta MD, Lothrop N, Wilkinson ST, Root R, Artiola JF, Klimecki W, Loh MM. 2016. Analyzing Patterns of Community Interest at a Legacy Mining Waste Site to Assess and Inform Environmental Health Literacy Efforts. Journal of Environmental Studies and Sciences, 6(3), 543-55.
7. Moreno Ramirez D, Ramirez-Andreotta MD, Estrella-Sánchez R, Wolf AM, Kilungo A, Spitz AH, Betterton, EA. 2015. Pollution Prevention through Peer Education: A Community Health Worker and Small and Home-Based Business Initiative on the Arizona-Sonora Border. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 12:11209-11226, DOI:10.3390/ijerph120911209.
8. Ramirez-Andreotta MD, Brusseau ML, Artiola JF, Maier RM, Gandolfi AJ. 2015. Building a Co-Created Citizen Science Program with Gardeners Neighboring a Superfund site: The Gardenroots Case Study. International Public Health Journal, 7(1):139-153, PMID: 25954473.
9. Ramirez-Andreotta, MD, Brusseau, ML, Artiola, JF, Maier, RM, Gandolfi, AJ. 2014. Environmental Research Translation: Enhancing Interactions with Communities at Contaminated Sites, Science of the Total Environment, 497-498:651–664, PMID: 25173762.
10. Ramirez-Andreotta, MD, Brusseau, ML, Beamer, P, Maier, RM. 2013. Home Gardening Near a Mining Site in an Arsenic-Endemic Region of Arizona: Assessing Arsenic Exposure Dose and Risk via Ingestion of Home Garden Vegetables, Soils, and Water. Science of the Total Environment, 454-455:373-82, PMID: 23562690.
11. Ramirez-Andreotta, MD, Brusseau, ML, Artiola, JF, Maier, RM. 2013. A Greenhouse and Field-Based Study to Determine the Accumulation of Arsenic in Common Homegrown Vegetables. Science of the Total Environment, 443, 299-306, PMID: 23201696.
Research Translation and Environmental Health Literacy Efforts
1. Ramirez-Andreotta, MD. 2012. Recommended Practices for Garden Preparation: Ways to Reduce Arsenic Absorption by Vegetables.
2. Ramirez-Andreotta, MD. 2012. Recommended Practices for Safe Consumption of Homegrown Vegetables: Ways to Reduce Dietary Arsenic and Lead Ingestion.
3. Ramirez-Andreotta, MD. 2012. Recommended Practices for Safe Gardening: Ways to Reduce Incidental Soil Ingestion and Inhalation.
4. Artiola, JF, Ramirez-Andreotta, MD. 2007. Part II: Innovative Remediation Methods and Sit Characterization Strategies. SciTransfer Bulletin: Chlorinated Solvent Contaminants in Arizona Aquifers. The University of Arizona Superfund Research Program (UASRP).
5. Ramirez-Andreotta, MD. 2007. What is Arsenic? UASRP.
6. Ramirez-Andreotta, MD. 2007. 1,4 Dioxane and Your Health. UASRP.
7. Artiola, JF, Ramirez-Andreotta, MD. 2006. Part I: Sources, Properties, Health Effects and Fate.
SciTransfer Bulletin: Chlorinated Solvent Contaminants in Arizona Aquifers. UASRP.